New Year Resolution

THIS came a little late but I wasn't sure I got it ready in my mind until now.




I am going to stop viewing money the way I view it last year. I saw accumulation of money as the focus and serving people as the means to obtain money. This year onwards, I'm going to serve others without expecting to be paid. Money will come as a bonus reward not as bounty.

I am going to smile more this year, laugh more heartily this year, and make more people happy this year. I'm going to restrain from building happiness from someone's misery unless that person is big hearted enough to bear the pain for the joy of the greater good.

I am going to strive for excellence in everything I do whether or not it leads directly towards accomplishing my goals. As long as I endeavor to start it, I will finish it with the best of my abilities. I will apply the success formula taught by Napolean Hill in his book commissioned by Andrew Carnegie: Think & Grow Rich.

I will strictly follow the rule of focusing on 1 important thing at 1 time instead of multi-tasking. Before I get up from bed everyday, I will mentally form the image of myself completing the one single important task from the many that I need to do. I will give my fullest attention for that 1 top priority task and fulfill striving for excellence towards its completion. I will quit trying to multi-task as it is not the fair to everyone for which the tasks that needs to be done will affect.

I will show respect for self and others in that I will put myself in their shoes before stating my point in an argument. My ultimate goal is to avoid any confrontations of any calibre. I will not argue for the sake of arguing unless it possess entertainment value and will not damage anybody's self-esteem. I will not do what all small men can do, which is to destroy others; I will build a bridge so that my enemies can become my friends. It takes a bigger heart to care even for your enemies.

I will assert my viewpoints in an non-aggressive and understanding manner such that the person receiving it will see direct benefits for them instead of for me. I will do this by first finding out what the other person is coming from and what the other person wants. I will not deliberately deny anyone of desires that I can easily satisfy within my own means, so long as it is ethical, legal and reasonable.

Last off, reasserting that I resolve to become a better person, remembered not for my money-mindedness but as someone who will serve others at no expected returns at all.

To become a better person remembered positively by others, friends and foes.

No comments: