People Around You

ONE factor that would determine your success in any field of expertise is the people you mix with.

If your friends detest the idea of being rich, you will be influenced by them. If your friends think that working is the only way to live in this world, you will think like them. If your friends thinks that investing is risky, you will find it risky too.

This is a wisdom passed on by many successful people. Mix with people who are already at where you wanna go or are going towards that direction. Birds of a feather should flock together.

Today, I discovered a flaw in my personality. I knew it long ago but it didn't dawn on me that its that serious. That flaw is, I tend to prejudge people.

I have a female friend in secondary school, there was one time during a shifting of sitting positions, we got arranged to sit together. During that time when we were sitting together, I wasn't "enlightened" yet. So studying was still one of my past times. We never really talked about our future or that sort of stuff. Afterwards, we got separated and sort of drifted apart. When I gained my entrepreneur flair, I prejudged that she will be like many people who will be focusing only on her studies and career.

That's where I was wrong. In the period that we did not keep in touch, she has out done me in many many ways. She did stuff like forming her own band and cutting her own album . What triggered my attention was actually her move to start her own business. You must understand what is going through me at the moment I realise someone I know and at my age has already went ahead of me and started her own business. This is her business website. http://blakloopsnrings.livejournal.com/

It made me felt uneasy. Its time to take bigger actions. I've been postponing my plans to start business due to studies and all. Now I have a motivation to start them. No more excuses.

The important lesson learnt was not to prejudge people. Who knows, maybe if I didnt classify her as the working class people, we might have started a business together or shared similiar sentiments towards money?

Anyway, if you are reading this, congratulation on taking the big step towards achieving your dreams.

No comments: